Is Drake's Career Over?

Drake's career is far from being over. His song, "Over" was definitely a good look for him, and as long as he keeps doing him, and steps away from the folks holding him down ("Young Money"), he'll do just fine. Take a look at the premier of "Over" directed by Anthony Mandler.
Drake tells MTV: “I’ve shot a lot of videos before, but this is my first attempt to establish myself as Drake the artist. Shooting the other videos I’ve done has been great. I really don’t care what other people think about them, they were great experiences for me. I’ve learned a lot from them. Today, I’m shooting with somebody I really look up to and respect. I’m shooting with Anthony Mandler..... The song is so aggressive, and it’s sort of a love story in the video. It has a lot to do with the album [Thank Me Later]. The album is about finding love, feeling ‘Have I sold my soul’ as far as ‘Will I ever be able to gain the trust of a woman? Will I only be able to be around the dark, evil women? Will I ever find that pure love?’ Those elements are in the video. ...”


Also, check out this interview with Sway, where he speaks on why he chose to ride the tour out with no opening acts. Basically, he wants to do stuff by himself. I get what he's saying, but we know what it really is, he's just trying to shed some dead weight, Young Money *echo*.

  ©La Vida Dimplez - All Rights Reserved.

Template by Miss Dimplez | Top