Erykah Badu Doesn't Need Sex For Happiness

I would love to sit down and have a conversation with Erykah Badu, but since that won't be happening anytime soon, I will just savor her interview with UK's Telegraph. She openly speaks on her babies fathers, monogamy in relationships and how she doesn't need sex to make her happy. Also, check out her cover in Jet Magazine.
“No. Infidelity is not a deal-breaker for me. We’re all born sexual beings. I myself am not someone with a very high libido. I don’t require sex for happiness – I need companionship. I need a partner I can depend on, that I can love and grow with. But I do understand the nature of these men I’ve been with, and men in general. They have a need to chase... In my own kind of way. I’m having to recondition my brain, ’cos the first thing I got was a doll named Barbie and she had Ken and that’s how it was supposed to be. You’re conditioned to think that way, and when it doesn’t happen you feel you’re a failure. What we have in common, me and the brothers I’ve known, is that we are all trying to evolve.... We talk a lot about things that men want. Because I want them to be happy and the more I see how the male of the species behaves, the more I understand, and the less I blame him. It’s just who he is. Is there a solution? Honesty is it. It will get you everywhere. Mind you, I have friends who are in polygamous relationships - they’re no more happy or sad than we are. But at least the bitches know what’s comin’ next!” read entire interview here


  ©La Vida Dimplez - All Rights Reserved.

Template by Miss Dimplez | Top