Isn't Minaj Against Everything Badu Stands For?


The June/July issue of VIBE Magazine hits stands on the 15th of June. This issues has a dual covers, one side featuring Nicki Minaj and Erykah Badu. VIBE couldn't have chosen more polar features. Nicki Minaj and her persona are the epitome against everything Erykah Badu stands for... Back in '08 Erykah did a very tongue and cheek interview about how females new to the game should go about being "success"... Maybe Nicki took her sarcasm for seriousness. I can't say the chick isn't talented, but she sure did make her own publicity by doing some ho sh-t... [watch the video and check out excerpts from their interviews with VIBE]
“I look at some other videos. i’m not naming names, because I don’t want that to be mentioned. There is the thing with sexuality. I’m naked for 13 seconds, and these people are naked the whole time and gyrating and saying come “lick on my lollipop,” and “suck on my cinnamon roll,” and, you know, suggesting sex. People are uncomfortable with sexuality that’s not for male consumption. could be ‘cause I did it in public too. Do you think people would have been complaining if I had on high-heel shoes?” - Erykah Badu
“When I grew up I saw females doing certain things, and I thought I had to do that exactly... The female rappers of my day spoke about sex a lot . . . and I thought that to have the success they got, I would have to represent the same thing. When in fact I didn’t have to represent the same thing.” - Nicki Minaj

  ©La Vida Dimplez - All Rights Reserved.

Template by Miss Dimplez | Top